- MercuryUniverse is an online recruiting tool that allows athletes to promote themselves, in addition to having scouts and agents seek out their talents. MercuryUniverse is a popular, subscription athletic networking website that is operated and owned by MercuryUniverse Llc. Users can join networks organized by school, city, state, and region to connect and interface with other users. Athletes can also update their profiles with relevant athletic/academic information, send messages/emails, and update the online profiles to promote themselves more efficiently.
- MercuryUniverse is a communication network that encompasses the entire universe of athletics and embraces the achievements and goals of all athletes. The company believes in delivering affordable, user-friendly products and services that promote all sports. In addition to providing a networking community for athletes, MercuryUniverse gives the athlete the ability to promote themselves by showcasing their skills and talents through MercuryUniverse’s online repository. Many of MercuryUniverse’s members have received an athletic scholarship or have graced the roster of a professional sports tea.
- MercuryUniverse is an exciting growing company, and we want you to grow with us. Please view the remainder of our website for more information about MercuryUniverse, samples of our online profiles, FAQ’s, and information on how to get your own MU online profile today!
- Whether you are an athlete, an agent, a coach, or just a spectator, we welcome you to Step Your Game Up!
Athletes: 9 PROMOTE
- Location: Dallas, Texas
- Project Leader: Mercury Hall
- Project Team: Amber Hall, Nehemiah Thompson
- Video Team : Thomas Mosley, Rob Lee
- Project Year: 2013
- Function: Social Networking(Recruiting) & Media Center
The athletes promote themselves by creating an online profile and uploading their information to their online profiles. Athletes should provide academic information as well as athletic information, including but not limited to: GPA, SAT/ACT scores, academic achievements/honors, athletic accolades, and community accomplishments. Athletes can also link their HUDL accounts to their MercuryUniverse profiles, as not to repeat duplicate efforts in downloading/uploading video footage.
Coaches, scouts, and agents are able to search player profiles from the MercuryUniverse repositories to identify the talent needed for their organizations. Players will be able to promote themselves by providing additional footage to coaches, scouts, and agents, and sending that information directly to the respective agents inquiring about their talents.
MercuryUniverse also provides a fun service to customers by creating highlight trailers and videos to showcase quick highlights of the athlete. These highlights are no more than 5 minutes in length, and they add an extra bit of enjoyment to the customer and the recruiting process. All individuals are able to like/vote on these videos, and athletes gain recognition as well as exposure when the social networking community votes/likes their video.